Tuesday, November 6, 2012

NaNoWriMo Update



 Status: FAIL.

 My family has been in town the last few days so my word count has dropped off into the crapper. BUT I was able to get some great feedback from my brother whose going to be a film director that's really going to help tighten and strengthen my story.

In other, more exciting news for you,Beth Revis is hosting this mega huge book giveaway:


Add caption
 Check it. SIGNED YA books. I love! If you happen to like ANY of these books (this would seriously double my YA library) run over to her blog. There's like a ton of ways to enter her giveaway. If entries reach 10,000 she'll throw in a bonus item.

 I adore YA literature and young adults themselves because that time of life is so transitional, anything could happen. There is so much passion when you're that young and your emotions and hormones are high and your trying to figure yourself out and there is so much hurt and triumph and sorrow and heartaches and joy. Being young is full of so much possibility. You can stretch, set your heights too far up, reach for the stars, fail, succeed beyond your wildest dreams, fall in love, make dumb mistakes, crawl, sweat and fight for your personal independence..and as a reader I can remember what feeling all of that was like (for better or worse) through those books.

Today's goal is to write 2,000 towards NaNoWriMo. I've also been reading Ally Carter's Gallagher Girls series. They are soo good! Why haven't I read them before? If I was younger, they'd be one of my fav series.

Happy Monday!

No comments: